PR Agency Manager / Bookkeeper — POSITION FILLED!
Kohnstamm Communications, growing entrepreneurial PR agency in downtown St. Paul seeks a Agency Manager / Bookkeeper for immediate and long-term needs. This role revolves around accounting, HR, new business, some executive assistance and day-to-day office administration for a creative, energetic and fast-paced 13-person PR agency. The ideal candidate will be the “face of the agency” and have the poise to interact with clients as well as maintain policies and procedures with account staff.
Together with our finance consultant, will process full cycle Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, process staff expenses, account reconciliations and bank reconciliations, track staff PTO, oversee HR policies and personnel files, and provide calendar and other executive support as needed for the senior team. Salary: $50k – $65k depending on experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required for the Role
- Professional services or PR agency experience highly desired
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Minimum 5+ years office management and administrative experience
- Background supporting at the C or Managing Director level
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office software (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Experience in QuickBooks Pro, NEXIS and Microsoft Office
- Experience in payroll, accounting and AR/AP
- Experience and understanding of Human Resources practices
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to handle quick turn-around assignments in a calm, professional manner
- Ability to handle and be trusted with confidential or sensitive information
- Takes pride in work, exhibiting accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to anticipate needs and pro-actively address them with little to no supervision or prompting
- Strong ability to build relationships and interact effectively, especially at the leadership level
- Poised, professional, energetic, and able to work with creative talent
- Proactive ability to respond to a fast-paced teams needs
- Ability to master and hold standards around office procedures and practices
- Exhibits problem-solving skills around the use of office equipment and other challenges to productivity
- Agility to manage unpredictable time constraints and schedule changes; able to handle multiple projects in an organized, timely manner
- Ideal candidate will be a team player and have a positive can-do attitude, nurturing personality and work well with others in a fast-paced environment
- Strives to model the vision and goals of Kohnstamm Communications
Kohnstamm Communication is a PR agency nationally known for its break-through work with organic and natural food companies. It has handled the launch of more than 85 emerging “health and wellness” brands over the past 16 years, as well as for innovative large companies, from 3M to Red Wing Shoes. Named “a Top Places to Work” agency by PR News 2017, the agency works to bring out the best in each other in a professional environment focused on client and team excellence. Kohnstamm Communications is committed to its dedicated staff, including competitive health and dental benefits, paid downtown parking, flex time, jeans everyday, profit-sharing bonuses and more.
Sound like a fit? To apply please click the “Apply Now” button or send your resume and cover letter to Rebecca Zanger at firstname.lastname@example.org.